Monday, October 29, 2012

it's a wonderful life.

Oh hello, long lost blog. It's been far too long. 


Fortunately, my life has been perfection
 while I've been gone.

 Let me catch you all up. 


Taking things WAAAAYYY back to May, lets
chat about Beijing, China.




For a girl who hasn't been east of Colorado, 
flying halfway across the world was quite a step. 


As you know, The USU Chamber Singers was invited to an international choral festival in Beijing. 

I have been blessed to be a part of this incredible 
choir for the past two years, and this trip 
is the culmination of all that hard work.

If you want more deets of this trip, you're gonna have to sit me down and ask. 
Old-fashion-style.


NEEEEXXXXTTTTT!!



Pine Basin.



a place where all become children again, laughter abounds, and dreams become reality.


If you haven't heard of PB before, 
your life is missing something really serious.

As the head girl's counselor, I got to see every single girl who came to Pine Basin blossom. I was with them when they woke up, played with them all day, and then sang them to sleep. What an experience. 

If you told me in May what I was going to learn and be a part of this summer, I would not have believed you. I would have laughed in your face. However, I would not be who I am this semester if it wasn't for this summer-- if it wasn't for all of the sweet 9-11 year old children that changed the way I viewed the world.




Laugh out loud, and often.





whew. made it though with minimal tears shed.



And now,  I'm back in Logan for another semester of school. My new major is Public Relations, and I am more happy than can be expressed. 



In the last six months I have gained two new sisters-in-law, 360 children, a stronger testimony of the truth in the gospel of Jesus Christ, a new supervisor position at my university, a new major, and a new -wonderful- man.


can life get better than this?

I submit that it cannot.




[ a few of my favorite things ]





2 comments:

  1. I am a wee bit curious about the new wonderful man...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should be. I'll fill you in later.

    ReplyDelete