Thursday, December 15, 2011

Reason for the Season

Long time no blog, eh? Well I'm back!

Recently, I've been hard at work studying for my finals this semester at USU. I only had two real finals, so it wasn't too hard to study. The miserable thing about being a music major is that we have a thousand and a half classes per semester, but the best part is that most of those classes don't have written finals. 

In all of my spare time, I have been quite busy doing my favorite thing, 

CREATING. 

I'm a huge fan of home-made Christmas gifts, (and since I have the BEST friends ever) and I knew I had to take some time to make items that could be semi-worthy of my besties.

root beer bottles with twine
 SO, this first one is a set of decorative bottles wrapped in twine, glued down. Hobby Lobby, my new best friend, is having killer 50% off sales that are KILLING my bank account, but I still love it. the hardest part was getting the ends of the twine to dry fast enough to stay down, but I solved that by wrapping a rubber band around it until it dried completely. 

Enjoy your new deco, Amy. 

Michigan
This little gem was built for my favorite musician, Seth. He is from the great state of Michigan, (which is the bomb.com) so I thought to make something to remind him of his roots. This idea was stolen from Pinterest, slightly tweaked. I took carpet tacks, and to the chagrin of my downstairs neighbors, nailed them in the shape of Michigan into a hard-wood board. The X on the lower half signifies Seth's hometown of Charlotte. 

Merry Christmas, Michigan.


I forgot to take a picture of the last gift..but perhaps that is for the better! My dear CJ received a spray painted t-shirt. I took masking tape and spelled out the words, spray painted over that, then peeled the tape back for the finished product. The words I chose for this shirt are an inside joke, and we all had a good laugh about it. I'll have to ask him if I can share before I put it on the internet. :)

Stay warm, Frankie.


Last, but not least, we had a little Christmas feast last night.

Incredible mood lighting, right? I'm sad that I didn't take a picture of all of us with the food as well. I gutted Norbert, our turkey, earlier that day and put him in the roaster. 
It's true, the fruits of your own labors are the sweetest! He was delicious
Our good friends Derek and Britany also came for dinner, making it a real party!


I hope my friends had as good of a time as I did.
I am truly blessed to have their friendship. 



~ few of my favorite things ~



No comments:

Post a Comment