Sunday, December 18, 2011

Challenge

I am a Mormon.

And as such, I believe the Book of Mormon to be a book of true doctrine, inspired by
a loving Heavenly Father. It was given to us to give us paths to follow
and examples of overcoming trials by trusting a higher source.

Yesterday, I was reminded by a very good friend of a challenge that my high schools seminary sponsors. They ask every student to
read the entire Book of Mormon over Christmas break. 
I participated every year when I was in high school, but only finished my freshman year. 

I will complete it this year.

I know I'm not in high school anymore, and I have a different break than the other kids, but I will be reading this year! I started last night, and I will finish by January 8th, the day before Spring semester starts at USU.
I need to read 24 pages a day in order to reach my goal.

I challenge you, dear reader, to go along with me. Whether you are
a student, parent, or retired, I ask you to join with me and read the Book of Mormon this season. Start today, and set an end date. Make it a New Year's Resolution. Finish
before the end of 2011. Whatever your goal is, stick with it. 

"Now we not only need to say more about the Book of Mormon, but we need to do more with it."
-Ezra Taft Benson



{ a few of my favorite things }

No comments:

Post a Comment